Monday, February 4, 2013

Outside and Inside

Looked out the window at first light...sun striking the tops of the Collegiate Range across the valley....



-

set out for the Waterdog Lakes...my favorite snowshoe trail. Very difficult to find trailhead but once you are on it, follow the line of old power lines...




Which was dominated by ski tracks...I tried to avoid using them but at times I had to...I would otherwise sink into the snow...so I went until the only track was a single set made by skis which had come from over the top of the mountain. And I was generally knee deep, a few times hip deep, in snow at that point.



The land drained toward the east..that must be the direction of the lakes. But no tracks...not even deer...the snow was really soft even with the additional width, length of my snowshoes.




Did some yoga, iced my knee, put my snow gear away...generally I just hang them to dry out the sweat...then use them again when they are dry. Going to bike downtown to get a teapot.

Location:Monarch Mountain...the backside