Monday, August 29, 2011

Freya

Freya Marie Werge Whitehead, last names sometimes combined as Wergehead, was born to my daughter Ingrid August 11 in Rhode Island.   What more to say.  Another leaf, then twig, then branch on the tree of life.  Beautiful, amazing, "best baby in the whole world" according to the mother. 

Sharing her first week.  Observing that over the course of three-four days her learning that if she opened her eyes and...here's the hard part...kept them open, she could see things.  And, also, that she could focus...though as I left she would really only focus when she heard her mother, saw her, smelled her milk.  And as I and Charlotte would hold her for times, I realized just how many songs I knew...melodies for Freya as the different parts of her brain began making those initial connections.  So sweet. 





We will be seeing more of Freya in the future.