Monday, August 29, 2011

Catching Up


Rain fell most of the night but morning has dawned clear.  Am looking over the San Luis Valley from the Orient Land Trust hot springs...writing in the administration building.  I have taken a day and a half to see if I can let my soul catch up with my body. 

I've been moving through space at a fast clip: driving back from San Francisco, going to cousin's wedding in Vail, camping with one grandchild in Colorado, seeing a new grandchild in Rhode Island, visiting sons in Washington, DC, flying back and camping at Raton Pass, going to meetings and the opera in Santa Fe...now on my way home.  But stopping first to collect my thoughts and impressions...taking time to make them part of myself, not just surface experiences that will slough off as I go through the next months. 

I'll just share a few impressions of some of the people and places...not necessarily in chronological order...ruminations as I've rested on the air mattress in my tent, sorting out these days, listing to the sound of rain on roof, keeping warm and dry under my poncho.