Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Time Out



To get to Colorado's Orient Land Trust and its hot springs, you turn east after coming south off Poncha Pass from Salida. Leaving 285, the road is dirt. Great clouds of dust swirl up behind the back tires. Sunday evening at 7:00 pm, the place is quiet. Weekend folks have left. A few families with children play in the pool.

Even after my second retirement and the greater access to my own use of time, the last few weeks have been intense. And I have not had time to write and reflect. So I will spend some of my time here this morning to let my body catch up with my mind. And get ready for the journeys ahead. All of which will require some backtracking, some posting of people and places that occupied the last month, even months. Maybe I should have stopped off here for a week.