Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The weekend

Drove up to Salida for the weekend with Charlotte and our long-time friends Jane and David.  We stayed at the house by the river, across from the old mining industry mill, down the street from art, coffee, and consignment shops, and close by the Joyful Journey Hot Springs (to the south over Poncha Pass) and Mt. Princeton (to the north up Chalk Canyon). 







 
I was doing some stretching by the hot spring pools and Charlotte asked if I were happy.  "Well," I said, "I guess I am." 



We soaked at the hot springs, we hiked (a bit), we ate (a lot), but mostly we hung out...reading the morning papers, watching a few movies, mostly just being with one another.  Like most mammals, I guess, enjoying the sense of one another's company...our humor as well as aches and pains.  In short, a weekend in the mountains...one of those quiet joys you get by living in Colorado.